Sunday, April 07, 2019

Right after posting the previous series, I realized I should have brightened the close-up of the cartoon. But they were already too many likes and comments for me to delete the post and repost it. So I’m posting this picture as an additional post. 📝 Yesterday was my neighbour Kathleen’s birthday. I drew her this cartoon! 📝 She and her daughter Jess got their nails done at @sekaibeautybar. I met them there. Then we walked to @starbuckscanada, where Kathleen bought a birthday cake pop and got her free birthday drink - The barista listed options that aren’t in the menu, and the girls chose a Vente Java Chip Frapp. While they lined up for that, I drew this. Kathleen has been asking me to draw her a cartoon for months. Normally I’m too afraid to draw art for a friend, because I want it to be perfect and it never will be. For example, I never finished the card I was drawing for my friend Joel’s Bar Mitzvah when I was 12. I wanted to fill a whole giant Bristol board and it wasn’t completely covered so I never gave it to him. It’s still a running family joke. My mom is always asking me if I’ve finished Joel’s Bar Mitzvah card. But I’ve finally learned that done is better than perfect, and so I drew it on the spot, with references to what was happening at the moment, so it would be topical and have extra meaning. (Jess was concerned about her “mullet” in the drawing, but I explained that those were the sunglasses she was wearing on her head while in line at Starbucks.) ⭐️ #Toronto #cartoon #art #birthday I am: #celebrityinterviewer #entertainmentreporter #radiohost #podcaster #comedian #actor #voiceactor #singersongwriter #guitarist #cartoonist #artist #copywriter #screenwriter #filmmaker #digitalnomad #entrepreneur #vlogger #minimalist Other tags: #beauty #realestate #realestateagent #model #modelingagency #accountant #smallbusiness #investor


No comments: