Sunday, April 30, 2017

Sat April 22: With my acoustic panels installed, I decided to get a "ring light" for filming my http://youtube.com/joshrachlis videos. I researched all the online and local stores, and wound up visiting this place in an old warehouse building. While talking to Clint, the owner, I mentioned I've been trying to figure out how to mesh good audio from my XLR mic with good video, and he told me there is such a thing as an XLR adapter cord where you can plug an XLR mic into your iPhone or camcorder. I've been trying to figure out if that was possible for months. And nobody has said it's possible. But Clint has an adapter cord and he let me try it out with his mic. It worked! (Caveat: A few days later I was at @vistek doing some extra research on ring lights and I noticed XLR adapter cables but then I talked to the staff and we figured out that the mic I use for voice acting needs my USB interface.) I love learning about how I can improve my voice acting and YouTubing! Maybe I should make videos explaining what I've learned. Oh, and if you want to buy the best lighting for your filming, message me and I'll connect you with this guy and I'll make sure you get a deal! He doesn't sell on @amazon. 🎙 #homestudio #homerecording #homerecordingstudio #recordingstudio #voiceacting #YouTubing #Toronto #microphone #ringlight #filmstudio 🎤 I am a: #celebrityinterviewer #entertainmentreporter #radiohost #tvhost #comedian #actor #voiceactor #singersongwriter #cartoonist #screenwriter #filmcritic #travelblogger #lifestyleblogger #foodblogger #entertainmentblogger #fashionblogger #mommyblogger #YouTuber #podcaster #digitalnomad


via Instagram http://ift.tt/2qmAhUX

No comments: