Friday, September 29, 2017

Sunday, Sept. 17: Ran into Russ from Red Carpet News TV! 🎤 I attended the final @tiff_net party - A gathering after the awards ceremony on the roof. I didn’t know if I’d be able to get in. I didn’t know if I know anybody there. But I only had to take the elevator 5 floors down from my apartment, so it wasn’t a huge risk. I had some delicious hors d’oeuvres. And I ran into Russell Nelson, who runs Red Carpet News TV in England. As you’ll remember from my TIFF vlogs last year, I met him on a red carpet last year and had some good chats. I love how cool, calm and collected he is on the red carpets, treating it like a business and knowing that if he doesn’t get a good interview this time he’ll get one at another festival. (He asks the talent questions and films their answers and doesn’t get himself in the footage at all. So basically he’s the opposite of me. I’m neurotic and I like to be on camera.) I also like that now I see him every year. It makes me feel like I fit in as a media person at TIFF. And thinking about how he travels around to different red carpets, it makes me think that maybe I should branch out from Toronto and fly to other festivals. But I’ll need to figure out how to get sponsored for that so I can afford it. Anyone want to sponsor me to fly to a film festival to Josh around with the stars? ⭐️ #TIFF17 #England #Toronto #redcarpet #celebrity I am a: #influencer #entrepreneur #minimalist #feminist #celebrityinterviewer #journalist #entertainmentreporter #radiohost #tvhost #comedian #actor #voiceactor #singersongwriter #cartoonist #screenwriter #filmcritic #travelblogger #lifestyleblogger #foodblogger #entertainmentblogger #fashionblogger #mommyblogger #YouTuber #podcaster #digitalnomad


No comments: