Saturday, June 03, 2017

May 16: My cartoon of #TodayWithTray when I saw them talk at #YouTubeSpaceTO! (See previous post for 10 pics from that). The story: Tray is white. His wife is black. They have kids. They vlog about their family. They have 579,064 YouTube subscribers. I got there late, right at the end of their Q&A. I was the only non-black person there, other than Tray and one other bald white guy. I was also probably the oldest person there. Undaunted, I lined up to get a pic with them. I admired the cupcakes with their edible photo on them and the cookies with their channel. I also gazed lovingly at the YouTube square pillow (which I later incorporated in my cartoon). But while in line, I had to pee. I took a cupcake to eat on the walk to the washroom. I ate it and took one bite of the edible photo but threw out the rest of the photo cuz I need to lose weight. When I came out of the washroom I decided I should draw a cartoon of them. But I wanted to get the drawing right. So I fished the edible photo out of the garbage and used that as my guide. I drew the cartoon and got chocolate icing on it. And then I remembered I had taken photos of them earlier and I could've referenced those. I lined up again and showed them my cartoon. Then next day, a friend called to tell me she saw me in their vlog. I watched it and I was in the 12-minute vlog for literally 2 seconds. But that was enough to get me spotted. They're my new vlogger insipiration! Who wants to make babies with me so I can vlog about them? 📷 #vlogger #multiracial #Toronto #cartoon #influencer #entrepreneur #travelvlog #familyblog #foodie 🎂 I am a: #celebrityinterviewer #entertainmentreporter #radiohost #tvhost #comedian #actor #voiceactor #singersongwriter #cartoonist #screenwriter #travelblogger #lifestyleblogger #foodblogger #entertainmentblogger #fashionblogger #mommyblogger #YouTuber #podcaster #digitalnomad


No comments: