Monday, June 08, 2009

Support my mom in her walk for Baycrest, the home for the elderly

Were you inspired by the story I wrote about my amazing mom, Louise Rachlis, who runs marathons and does so much work for charity? (To refresh your memory and get re-inspired, scroll down to the May 10th posting or just click here.)

Here's a chance to thank her for the inspiration: On Thursday, June 18, she'll be participating as a walker in the Baycrest Boardwalk, in support of Baycrest and its programs and services for seniors. My equally-amazing sister Naomi will joining her to be push my Grandma in her wheelchair for the Walk. The three of them hope you'll sponsor them in this very worthwhile cause!

Here's the lovely tale my mom wrote on her sponsorship page: "
When we were packing up my mother for Baycrest last year, we found the Baycrest Volunteer smock she wore over a decade ago. She recognized then the value of Baycrest, and now she is benefiting from that value herself. Your support will provide crucial dollars for Baycrest's many programs and services for seniors. If you would like to make a donation, please do so. Otherwise, just celebrate with my family the joy of my mother in her 91st year. Thank you."

Even a dollar or two will make a difference. For instance, if all my Facebook friends gave just a dollar each, that would be $1,164. Or, let's say all my real-life friends gave a dollar each. That would be, um, ok, that wouldn't be any money. Thank god for Facebook.

To make a sponsorship donation
, please visit my mom's personal sponsorship page at http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?SID=2171381

No comments: