Saturday, June 08, 2013

I was interviewed for a Monsanto protest comedy video

My friend Keely invited me out to the March Against Monsanto, and said I should dress as Enviroman, my eco-superhero character. I was reluctant and nervous, which for me is a sign that I should do something, because we only learn and grow by doing things that scare us. At least, that's what I tell myself, to force myself to leave my apartment. So, I took the streetcar to the park, and, after prompting by Keely and her friends, I took the costume out of my backpack and put it on in the middle of the crowd. And here's what I looked like:


A lot of cute girls wanted their photos taken with me. Which I liked. Though, strangely, none of them asked for my number. But anyway, I spotted my friend Judith Klassen, dressed as her alter-ego, flaky reporter Tasha James. She was doing comedic interviews with people and she wanted to interview me too. So she did. And then I helped her interview other people. This is what we looked like:


There was lots of fun footage. But since this whole thing was about the protesters, only a tiny bit made of me made into the final edit. But hey, even a little Enviroman is better than none. Just like with recycling and eco stuff like that. The vid is below. You'll see me at 1:07 and 2:28.

No comments: