Friday, February 08, 2013

I made a video spoofing focus groups

Josh Fokas is the #1 focus group moderator in the world. According to his research.

Here's the real story: A client of the ad agency I work at is having a big meeting to train employees on how to do consumer research, and they thought it would be fun to open with a humourous video about what not to do when running focus groups. There wasn't much of a budget. So my ad agency assigned me the project. I wrote a script, took my camcorder to the office and acted in the video along with some innocent co-workers who got pulled into it. The client thinks the video is hilarious. But I'm secretly hoping that some people don't realize it's a joke and hire me to be a focus group moderator. I think I'd be good at it. And I could sure use some egg salad sandwiches.

No comments: