Friday, June 22, 2012

I'm on the OKCupid Enemies site


A girl in North Carolina popped up on my Facebook just now and asked if that's me on the "enemies of OKCupid page." I had no idea what she was talking about, so I Googled it, and, well, of course it's me. That's just how my life is. Check it out: http://www.okcenemies.com/post/25447844858#notes

I'm not sure if that's something I should be posting on this site that's supposed to be about my creative work. But, well, maybe being vilified on a blog about awful Internet dating profiles is a kind of fame in this modern age. After all, as I write this, there are 76 "notes" under the posting, which is more comments than I've ever gotten on my own Facebook posts. And because the girl who told me about it is N.C., that means I'm "known" in the United States. And I'd like to believe that it was my creative writing and photographing that made me worthy of this international public ridicule.

For the record, there's a bit more to the story than made it into the blog. I didn't just write "I'm not gay!" in my profile and leave it at that. I'm weird, but not that weird. If you're interested in the context, feel free to read my full profile at http://www.okcupid.com/profile/BertSeeksErnie. It seems everyone else in the world already has.

The initial warning on Facebook. Boy, I love getting messages like this. How come nobody can ever just say "Hey, how are you?"
The posting on OKCupid Enemies. (Couldn't I be an OKCupid Annoyance? Am I really so bad as to be an Enemy?


76 "notes" under the posting so far.
More of these brillant notes.

What I actually said about being not gay.

1 comment:

Pauls Gunter said...

This website is amazing for dating info:

http://MillValleyConfidential.weebly.com