Sunday, November 07, 2010

I recycle a school project into eco stand-up comedy

Here's my eco stand-up comedy act from Sept. 17, 2010. Watch below or click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDGCSJZ9Ejc. Some background: Last summer, my friend Victoria was bored. So I got her interested in eco pursuits. Then I suggested she might enjoy taking a stand-up comedy class. Then I suggested she produce her own show so she could have a place to perform. She actually listened to me and started a comedy night The Eco Laundry Room. Though I'm the only one actually there who actually does eco-comedy. And this video may show you why. For my 1st appearance at this venue, I dug out and re-presented an old school project by young me (a.k.a. Little Josh). Wow, that's professional. Also, you'll note that the video is of low quality. What happened was, I saw that someone was filming it, so I didn't set up my tripod and camcorder. But as a back-up, I had my friend film it with my digital camera. But the microphone area was in shadow. And it turns out the camcorder footage from that person was so grainy that you can't even make out my face or my drawings. And my friend's hand was not only moving around, but she decided to film vertically, to get my whole body in. But of course, you can't just flip footage like you can a photo. So a friend who dabbles in editing helped me cobble together this video, so that you can at least get an idea of what was going on. Perhaps it will lead to my own eco-comedy show on Discovery Channel, so you'll be able to see me in crisp, well-lit, properly-oriented HD. Unlikely, though.

No comments: