Wednesday, February 03, 2010

On the radio reviewing the movie The Taking Of Pelham 123!

Here’s my review of “The Taking Of Pelham 123.” It’s my first movie review, and I did it on 1650AM CINA Radio, Toronto’s South Asian Radio Station, on December 12, 2009. I’m neither South Asian, nor a movie reviewer. But I’ve never let little details like that stop me.

I decided that for my take on movie reviewing, I wouldn’t do lots of research and prepare a bunch of notes. Because the average person seeing a movie doesn’t do research on the history of the film and its creators. They just watch the movie. I wanted my review to reflect how a non-movie reviewer movie would feel about the movie. So this is just me seeing a movie and then chatting about it, saying whatever comes to mind at the time. Which usually gets me into trouble, but again, I’ve never let that stop me.

Sadly, you’ll notice it’s a hard to hear me in this interview. I thought I’d be cool and modern by calling into the interview over the Internet via Skype and speaking into my laptop microphone. But it sounds so crappy, I might as well have called in with a tin can tied to a string. Lesson learned.

Be sure to listen for future reviews on The Scope Today with Prab, from 10am to 11am on Saturdays at 1650AM in Toronto or at http://www.cinaradio.com. And listen to this review by clicking on the video below or by clicking here: http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=102665232

No comments: