Saturday, February 07, 2009

Join my fan page on facebook and when I'm famous you can swim in the pool behind my mansion!

So, I've started a little fan page for myself on facebook. Is that pathetic? Maybe. But no more pathetic than having to plan my own birthday parties. Oh, but wait - I was told in a meeting this week that Canadians are self-deprecating, and that being self-deprecating doesn't work here in the US. You have to pump yourself up here and sing your own praises. So, um... "Hey, join my facebook fan page by clicking here! Because I'm so awesomely hilarious!" (Eeessh... That was painful.) Anyway, maybe having a fan page with millions of members will help build my case to US immigration that I'm "exceptional in my field" and should be given a permit to the in the US. It seems to have worked for Miley Cyrus and Britney Spears. Oh, but wait - They were already American and didn't need permits. Ok, bad example. But still, it's worth a shot! And I managed to get "Miley Cyrus" and "Britney Spears" into this message, which can only help my Google hits.

No comments: