Friday, October 06, 2017

Last weekend I was looking through tweets about @bufferfestival and followed @marydoodles, who makes @youtube videos of her drawing. Right up my alley, right? Cuz I draw celebrities and show them the cartoons when I interview them. I was delighted to see that Mary followed me back! She has over 18,000 followers and only follows 750 people. I’m number 751! So it was extra cool to watch her speak in person at Creator Day at @fairmontroyalyork. She talked about the importance of listening to your viewers. People kept asking her to do cartoons based on a random squiggle, and she thought that was just amateurish, but then she tried it and it became for most popular type of video and she loves it now and she’s even doing an art gallery show about it. So it’s important to just try new things and see what happens! Hopefully I’ll get to make a doodle video with Mary one day. (Hmmm... Should my name be JoshDoodles?) 🎨 #Toronto #doodle #drawing #art #creativity I am a: #contentcreator #influencer #minimalist #entrepreneur #artist #celebrityinterviewer #entertainmentreporter #radiohost #tvhost #comedian #actor #voiceactor #singersongwriter #cartoonist #screenwriter #filmcritic #travelblogger #lifestyleblogger #foodblogger #entertainmentblogger #fashionblogger #mommyblogger #YouTuber #podcaster #digitalnomad


No comments: