Friday, April 20, 2012

I took Debra Toffan's animation voice class!


Yes, you've heard my voice as a Scotsman in the animated show Time Warp Trio and as a chameleon in the commercial for Hubba Bubba Max. But I'd like to do even more voices for animation. And I always enjoy taking classes to learn new skills in any discipline. So when I heard that Debra Toffan was offering a class for animation voice, I jumped at the chance to take the April 7th one. She's casted tons of animated shows and has voice-directed superstars like Matt Damon, Joan Rivers, and Holly Hunter. I was afraid that she would confuse me for Matt Damon, since he and I look so much alike. But fortunately, my vocal gifts made me stand out. Or maybe it's just that I'm a bit more muscular than Matt. ANYway, I had a lot of fun in the class, and I recommend it to any voice actors who get a chance to take it.


I review my script while other members of the class take their turn doing voices in the booth.


Debra listens to the actors in the booth and offers her sage advice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

debra toffan is not someone that most actors like...she is a mean person and negative and has a voice that is really hard to take.